Wednesday 11 September 2013

Settling in..

Upon arrival, we met our landlords who kindly carried our heavy luggage’s upstairs. She showed us around the house, the rooms where we would be staying, the bathroom and the kitchen. She even cooked us a welcome 3 course meal.  She kindly told us where we would find the essential places e.g. grocery shopping, station.

I will have to admit, the first few nights were not easy. I was feeling extremely homesick and constantly asked myself, whether I made the right decision in coming here. I continuously longed for home and wanted to be in a familiar environment. However, after talking with some lecturers and friends, I was able to overcome the sentimental feelings and enjoy my stay, even up till now, I do not regret one decision made so far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment